Most people don’t realize that negativity is a choice. You can see the difference between your negative thinking and positive thinking by trying it for a month…then noticing if you or others see a difference.
The Law of Attraction
Let’s talk about the Law of Attraction. It states that whatever you think, you bring to you. So if your thoughts are “I never get any good breaks” or “this only happens to me” or “life is hard”…then you bring to yourself the circumstances that you perceive and believe. So if you find your thinking is negative and you believe negative things will happen to you, think about the Law of Attraction. With that law in mind, if you attracted your negative circumstances to you with your mind…then it stands to reason that you can bring positive experiences to you with you mind as well. All it takes is a change in your thinking.
Your mind is quite powerful. And negativity really is a choice. We have one life….do you choose negativity or positivity?
Where did the negativity come from?
Stuck in your subconscious mind are all the things that ever happened to you. That includes fears, misconceptions from someone else or your perception of circumstances. It also includes interactions with people, their negativity and fears. We got some rather negative messages from people in authority, the media, outside circumstances, etc. When you choose to let go of the negativity and view your world in a different, more positive way, then everything changes. Start working in your own best interest and see what a difference changing your mind can make.
You can use Positive Affirmations, which are short, positive statements targeted at a specific subconscious set of beliefs, to challenge and undermine negative beliefs and to replace them with positive self-nurturing beliefs.
Repeat the positive affirmations that apply to yourself at least one time and day or as much as you like:
- Loving myself heals my life.
- I nourish myself every day…mind, body and spirit.
- I am at peace with myself and the world.
- I trust the process of life.
- I choose love, joy and freedom and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.
- I know that I deserve love and accept it now.
- I give out love to myself and others and it is returned to me multiplied.
- All my relationships are loving and harmonious.
- I choose to make positive healthy choices for myself.
- I choose to exercise regularly.
- The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful.
- I am empowered to achieve my personal goals.
- My thoughts and feelings are nourishing.
- I am present in every moment.
- I see beauty in everything.
- People treat me with kindness and respect.
- I am surrounded by peaceful people.
- My environment is calm and supportive.
Because affirmations actually reprogram your thought patterns, they change the way you think and feel about things, and because you have replaced dysfunctional beliefs with your own new positive beliefs, positive change comes easily and naturally. This will start to reflect in your external life, you will start to experience changes for the better in many aspects of your life.