Every journey has a beginning. Where does your journey to become a QUITTER begin?
Being a quitter is usually thought of negativity. Not here! We celebrate it!
Below you will find a positive affirmations exercise. On your journey to becoming a non-smoker, this is a wonderful start. Begin to think in ways that will help you achieve your goals. Becoming a non-smoker will take a little effort, but the rewards are great.
Say these positive affirmations out loud to yourself. Write them down and post them where you will see them daily. You can even record them on your phone and listen. Use them daily.
Statements you make to “yourself” and/or your beliefs and perceptions are responsible for how you “think.” If you think quitting is impossible, your subconscious mind will make sure that happens.
But what about choosing to think the opposite of that negative statement? What if you CHOOSE to think in other ways? What if you choose to think that it IS possible? What if you think it WILL happen? Then your are telling your subconscious mind that there is something new for it to do.
Positive affirmations are merely statements you read or hear recorded that program your mind to think in new, positive ways.
Exercise: Use the following positive affirmations daily until your quit date.
- I am ready to make healthier choices for my body and mind.
- As of today, I am ready to engage in habits that support my well-being.
- I shall breathe only healthy and smoke-free air.
- I will care for and respect my body and release unhealthy habits.
- As a non-smoker, I will breathe easier.
- As a non-smoker, I will enjoy a better self image.
- As a non-smoker, I will save $____ every month. (calculate and fill in the blank)
- I am ready to take action steps to become a non-smoker.